Our new website has launched!
Members will now have their own accounts where they will be able to:
– View and update Member information
– Renew Membership
– View and update Breeder Listings
– Renew Breeder Listings
– View Payment History
– Renew “Subscription Only” Memberships
If you are a current member, please create an account using the directions provided on your renewal card.
For any questions or issues, please contact:
Due to the late posting of the 2016 Futurity Forms, litter nomination for litters born
October 1- November 15th have until December 31st to be nominated with no penalty.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM
THE USASA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Progress of Breed Separation
The USASA Board of Directors is pleased to report to USASA members and the Australian Shepherd fancy that the process of separating the Miniature American Shepherd from the USASA stud book has gone well.
· ILP/PAL dogs are no longer an issue, because a) all dogs competing as Aussies, but under the Aussie preferred height minimums have been re-classified as Miniature American Shepherds and b) the same is being done to new ILP/PAL registrants.
· Registered Miniature American Shepherds (formerly Miniature Australian Shepherds) in the USASA stud book have moved to the proper registry in significant numbers. There may be a small number of hold-outs, but it is felt they will move once it is clear there will be deadlines for moving to the new breed and for being able to breed to Aussies. (See list of deadlines below.)
· The complaints about “minis” competing as Aussies have dwindled to virtually nothing.
The Miniature American Shepherd has been given full recognition by the AKC Board of Directors. It will join the Herding Group on July 1st, 2015.
Important Breed Separation Deadlines for Australian Shepherds
The following deadlines are in effect for Australian Shepherds. These will complete the process of breed separation:
· If you own a Miniature American Shepherd, but it is registered with AKC as an Aussie, you must switch registrations to the new breed by December 31st, 2014. After that, switching to the new breed will not be an option.
· If you own an AKC registered Aussie that you feel should more properly be a Miniature American Shepherd, you must switch registrations to the new breed by December 31st, 2014. After that, switching to the new breed will not be an option.
· If you breed an AKC Australian Shepherd to a Miniature American Shepherd (aka “outcrossing”), be aware that the litter must be whelped by December 31st, 2014 or it will not be eligible for registration as a Miniature American Shepherd. Such litters must be registered before February 1st, 2015.
There are other deadlines relating to Miniature American Shepherds. Information may be obtained at the Miniature American Shepherd Club of America (MASCUSA) website: www.mascusa.org.
For questions regarding Australian Shepherds, contact Stevens Parr, Chair – USASA MAS Committee. Email: email@example.com, phone: 860-535-8222
Best of Breed- Chris Walkowicz
Dogs- Gail Karamalegos
Bitches- Allen Odom
Jr Showmanship- Chris Walkoxicz
Sweeps- Kerry Kirtley
Most Versatile- Kerry Kirtley
Obedience and Rally
There will be an entry fee of $25.00 for the Most Versatile Aussie Conformation Evaluation at future National Specialties, since this class is a requirement to qualify for the MVA Award. This fee was approved by the USASA Board of Officers and Directors at their meeting on Monday, July 28, 2014.
Attention AKC\Eukanuba Invitational Junior Qualifiers:
Any junior who qualifies for the AKC\Eukanuba invitational in conformation or performance events has an oppurtunty to earn a $100 to help with his or her expenses to attend the show by writing an essay on the topic listed below.
2014 ESSAY TOPIC: Write a detailed essay on the history of the Australian Shepherd and how it became a part of AKC.
Essays are due by November 20 and will be notified by November 30.
Essays will be emailed to Kelley Catterson, at firstname.lastname@example.org