Breeder Information Center
The USASA Constitution states the Club’s first objective shall be:
“to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of pure-bred Australian Shepherds and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection”.
To support our breeders, USASA is creating a Breeder Information Center as part of our website. We will be providing sources of information on breeding issues, health and genetics, structure and movement, legislation, and other important issues. The content ranges from educational material for beginning breeders to more technical resources for our experienced breeders.
The intent is not to duplicate what is available elsewhere, but to provide our breeders on one site a tool to access that information.
Following are some important links:
- AKC Health Foundation
- CHIC – Canine Health Information Center
- CERF – Canine Eye Registry Foundation
- OFA- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals
- ASHGI – Australian Shepherd Health & Genetics Institute, Inc.
- Canine Epilepsy Network
- AKC – Breeders
- Breeder Newsletter- latest edition of the AKC Breeder Newsletter and past articles by topic ranging from ovulation timing to puppy contracts.
- Podcasts – Genome Barks series. Download or listen to podcasts on a variety of breeder-related topics. New podcasts are released every two weeks.
- Breeder Symposia & Events – find events in your area.
- AKC Breeder of Merit Program
- OptiGen – CEA test
- Animal Health Trust UK – HSF4 test
- Animal Genetics US – HSF4 test
- Washington State University – MDR1 test